v1 - September 2018
Thank you for using the ScaleBook iOS application. This document explains what kind of data is collected by the app, how it is managed and how you can access and delete it.
ScaleBook allows you to record your weight. It can read weight data from other apps. The weight data is used to compute statistics that are displayed inside ScaleBook.
- When you log your weight in ScaleBook, it is only saved in the official Apple Health app.
- You need to give your explicit consent before ScaleBook can save weight to Apple Health.
- You can delete weight data using the Apple Health app.
- If you delete ScaleBook, you will also be given the option to delete your data from Apple Health.
- You can import data from Apple Health to compute your statistics if you give your explicit consent.
- Statistics are computed on your device each time you open the app. They are destroyed when the system closes the app.
- Computed statistics never leave your device, are not saved in any file, and are not transmitted to any third-parties.
- You can stop the Apple Health import feature at any time, by adjusting your preferences in the Apple Health app.
If you disabled "Share Analytics with App Developers" in the iOS Privacy settings, this section does not apply to you, as we only use data sent by Apple.
Otherwise, we use of the following anonymous data sent by Apple:
- Crash reports
- Download count and usage statistics (number of times the app was used)
There is no identifying information in this data. We only see an aggregate of all the statistics collected by Apple.
Contact by E-mail
- When you contact us by e-mail at the address below, we save the e-mail you sent, our replies and your e-mail address to contact you back if needed.
- You can write us to ask to erase all traces of our correspondances, unless required otherwise by law.
- If you reported a bug, please be aware that we cannot delete the report before we fix the bug, as it used internally to keep track of the work.
- If you request to delete your e-mails and a bug you reported was not fixed yet, we will delete the report as soon as the bug is fixed, without requiring any further steps from your side.
ScaleBook was developed by Alexis Aubry. You can contact us at: